Returning

Returning
The Gobi Desert

Saturday, November 3, 2012

November has come and so has more heat and humidity and mosquitoes. I woke up Saturday feeling like Dracula's bride so I purchased the biggest can of bug spray I could find and took on the task like the Terminator! Of course, I realize I could still be in -40 degree weather! Below are some scenes from my wonderful week off. Enjoy!

This is the Presidential Palace built by President Jose Ramos-Horta.  Read about his interesting life.  Zone (my spelling) was "my guard."  He wanted me to tutor him in English.  However, I respectfully declined.


President Ramos-Horta recruited spear-wielding warriors in traditional dress to guard the palace.
I had lunch right here at the BeachSide Hotel/Restaurant at Areia Branca, Dili.

To be a child again!
There was a two-man crew cleaning up the beach.  After collecting the trash, they burnt it right along the side of the road.









How often do you see a pig strolling along the beach?


It was fascinating to watch him cast his net over and over again!  They sell the fish right on the roadside.

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing all your pictures and reading your adventures. You are an inspiration to me. Miss you!
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tricia. Miss you too! I'm coming home at Christmas with a 3-day stop before in Bali.

      Delete