Returning

Returning
The Gobi Desert

Monday, November 19, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

The Many Faces....

The Resistance Museum was opened a short time ago.  I was very impressed with all the information explaining the Timorese's struggle for independence.  I'm definitely going back.  When I arrived, the President was just leaving.  I wanted to get his photo, but security wouldn't let me.

On Sunday, I participated in a 5K Walk/10K Run for charity.  Many people of all nationalities were either walking or running.  Please check out this foundation which supports women entrepreneurs in East Timor.  http://www.alolafoundation.org/

Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception--like many Catholic churches the inside was spectacular.  It claims to be the largest cathedral in Southeast Asia with seating for 2000 people.  I watched as they got ready for Saturday Mass.

And more faces....


2 comments:

  1. Your many faces pictures make me smile :) I love them. Thanks for sharing! I've heard about that foundation. My sister was telling me about it. I've got to go look it up now and see how I can help. It sounded pretty cool. We are so blessed in our country...people don't realize how blessed we are with all the opportunities we have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patty for all your comments and thoughts. I just bought some bookmarks to help support women's groups:)

      Delete