Returning

Returning
The Gobi Desert

Saturday, September 26, 2020

Angkor Wat

 Greetings to all!

I just returned from a wonderful trip to Angkor Wat north of PP about a 5 hour drive except this was holiday time for the Cambodians so it took us closer to 7 hours, BUT well worth it!  I stayed at the Rambutan Resort in Siem Reap, the town just outside of the magnificent temples.  All 2000 of them!!!  It was so much more than what I had even expected…again the largest religious edifice in the world, bigger than the Vatican!!!  I’m returning at Christmas time.

Please enjoy.

You are still in my thoughts…arkoun,

Diane

Room with a view.

No tourists, but....

Ta Prohm.  Angelina Jolie filmed Lara Croft here.

Angkor Wat AW (please see link) at sunrise.  It started as a Hindu temple and then Buddhist.  It has an interesting history.



 

Usually there are 1000s of tourists!

My wonderful driver/guide, Sokay.



Many bridges.



This may be how I feel about hybrid teaching!
Angkor Thom Temple



A walk along the Siem River close to my hotel.

French press coffee


It had been raining so I took liberties with my camera.

Rice fields inside the complex.

Selling all sorts of things including fried frogs.  

A pathway across the marsh leading to....
I have so much to explore when I return:)


















No comments:

Post a Comment